The School of Social Sciences at Rice has been enormously productive and successful per capita. It is also undersized. By following the plan above, we will be among the top Schools of Social Sciences in the world, but we cannot realize such success if we do not grow.
- Increase the size of the social sciences faculty by one-third
- Increase support staff in departments and the Dean’s Office by one-third
- Increase the size of graduate student cohorts by one-third
- Meet the space needs of an expanding faculty and graduate student body and increase the spatial concentration of social scientists on campus
- US News and World Report university rankings
- Graduate applications and yield rates
- Success in recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty